Sometimes, you might feel frustrated while facing no boot or slow computing experience on your Windows 8 devices. Are you seeking a complete guide on how to disable startup programs to fix PC slowness? If yes, then follow this guide to know about the tips that can help you disable scheduled programs and ensure faster booting.
Undoubtedly, the more software you’ll install on your PC, the longer it may take to start up your Windows operating system. An uncluttered, free and with less software PC has a longer life than those with heavy programs, cluttered environment and fully occupied system resources. You might have seen that whenever your device gets filled with software, application, and programs, it will take more time to respond your desired commands. The above details simply means that the installed software utilizes the entire system resources and makes your device behave in a delayed or sluggish manner. Sometimes, a lot of programs might add themselves to the list of system programs started to get loaded into the device’s memory, during the system boot.
Explore the article to know how to disable startup programs and refer it to non-techie friends for ensuring smooth computing experience.
Tips for Disabling Startup Programs in Windows 7
All Windows versions have a tool- MSConfig to view what is running at system startup. You can easily disable the programs that you don’t prefer to run or load into the system memory during the device booting process. This tool functions similarly on all Windows 7 versions, and you can also use it to configure several things other than just enabling/disabling startup programs.
Follow these steps to disable startup applications in Windows 7, Vista, or XP:
1. Access the Start menu and type ‘msconfig.exe’ in the Search box.
2. Scan the result carefully and find the ‘msconfig.exe’ file.
3. Click on it or press Enter
4. Click the Startup tab, on the System Configuration main window to see the list of all the programs scheduled to load during Windows boot.
5. Each program will have a check box located next to its name so first unmark the checkbox of the corresponding utility that you don’t want to schedule as system startup program.
6. Click ‘OK’ after selecting the ones you wish to load during the system boot.
7. As soon as, you click the ‘OK’ button, you’ll see a dialog box informing you that your computer needs a restart to bring the changes into effect.
8. Click on the ‘Restart’ button immediately or click ‘Exit without restart’ option to continue using your PC.
Tips for Disabling Such Programs in Windows 8 or Windows 10
1. Right-click on the ‘Taskbar’ or press the ‘CTRL + SHIFT + ESC’ keyboard shortcut to open the ‘Task Manager.’
2. Click on the ‘More Details’ option and switch to the Startup tab.
3. Explore the list of scheduled programs and click on the ‘Disable’ button.
Note: If you’re unable to see these options, then click ‘Fewer details’ instead of ‘More Details’ to disable programs in Windows 10.
MSConfig in Windows 7 and Task Manager in Windows 8 and Windows 10 are the optimal utilities to disable those unwanted programs that might result in delayed system boot. All your devices running on Windows OS will experience tremendous boot speed and smoother experience by disabling such programs. Undoubtedly, the process, of disabling such programs using both Windows software, is quite different, but doing the same allows your device to boot noticeably faster than earlier.